Program: Erasmus + Strategic Partnership
Project: “Home 2030” – New Ways in Vocational Training on the “Intelligent use of energy in residential buildings”
The consortium consisting of the Chamber of Skilled Crafts of Potsdam – lead manager (Germany), Eurocultura (Italy), Confartigianato Vicenza (Italy), Bialystocka Fundacja Ksztalcenia Kadr (Poland) and Liberconsultores Malaga (Spain) is planning a strategic partnership “Home 2030” – New ways in vocational training on the “Intelligent use of energy in residential buildings”.
The extension of renewable energies and energy efficiency is an urgent global challenge in view of the scarcity of resources. New techniques, materials, products and processes will be formed to which businesses and experts need to adjust themselves to be marketable. The SMART Home is regarded as a trend-setting opportunity: An intelligent energy use in residential buildings, which refers to the interaction of the building communication with the use of energy, decentralised energy generation, energy storage and the use of e-mobility. The project “Home 2030” will contribute to the EU-target strategy in the field of renewable energies, as well as to strengthen the EU educational area. Newly designed learning modules for intelligent energy use in residential buildings should be placed in the field of vocational training.
15 trainers and 10 employees of the course management are actively involved in the development activities of the project. As part of the course, development methodology and didactic learning methods are developed. The professional and socio-cultural skills of trainers and staff of vocational training will be improved. They act as multipliers in the project implementation and thereafter.
Based on a tool-supported education and skills profile analysis 100 small and medium-sized enterprises will participate in “Home 2030”. The actors discuss directly their intended outputs with 210 multipliers from four countries and make project results widely available on an interactive learning platform.
In parallel, a change takes place in the self-understanding of the educational institution for training providers. In this change process, a stronger customer focus, company-centred and multidisciplinary product developments, as well as an individually tailored marketing will be of special importance.
The project “Home 2030” brings both directions of development together, on the one hand, by developing a new vocational training product on the subject of SMART Home for the use in the occupational fields of electrical engineering and heating air conditioning, automotive technology and, on the other hand, it links this product development process with activities for requirements analyses in companies for individual competence profiling, methodological-didactic implementation support and product marketing in the sense of a holistic approach.
The project has defined 14 project milestones, and will implement the following activities:
- five transnational meetings for analysis and development work
- four transnational teaching and learning activities for the product development and learning unit testing
- four multiplier events for the dissemination of results
- 100 business surveys.
As a result of the activities the following outputs will arise: Analyses:
- Comparison of national energy policies, taking into account the EU target 2030
- Comparison of existing educational programs
- Comparison of existing instruments to collect training needs in SMEs / competency profiling
- Comparison of existing marketing strategies Survey tool:
- Development of a questionnaire (instrument) and guidelines (methodology)
- Analysis of the SME survey – 20 SMEs per partner
Educational product “Smart Home” with 4 learning modules at Level 4 EFQ (in teaching units=h):
- Building communication (superordinated field) – 8h
- Energy storage and mobility (motor vehicle sector) – 16h
- Energy use and thermal energy (plumbing and heating sector) – 16h
- Decentralized energy production and storage of energy (electronic sector) – 16h
- Educational film “Smart Home” as unit of learning modules
- Marketing strategy for “Smart Home”
- Methodical-didactic dealing with learning modules as well as the survey tool
Tool for communication and dissemination of results:
- Online learning platform: interactive Mixxt learning platform
The following groups shall be the target group of the findings of the project at regional, national and European levels:
The project partners with their educational institutions and their staff, small and medium-sized enterprises as beneficiaries of the product developments, regional educational institutions and experts of vocational training. They get an overview of the conversion status of the energy change in 2020 in selected EU regions, on vocational training opportunities in transnational comparison and specific working approaches in educational management. They get some ideas for their own professional career and the professionalization of the work as an education provider.